Monday, March 29, 2010

Health Care Cartoon: Borrow my Umbrella


I had the idea for this cartoon as a result of the heath care reform bill passing and the speaker of the house getting up and celebrating the passage of the bill which is fine….must have been tough to get everyone bribed I mean primed for the vote. It’s always good to celebrate a victory. The thing I found interesting was during her speech she made reference to the historical event that took place and likened it to the passage of Social Security and Medicare both of which are on their way to insolvency. It just struck me as odd that someone who some would view to be somewhat intelligent would use such a poor example of government making history. I think something like it’s passed, it’s historical and uhm…..have a nice day might have been better. Oh well….another day another entitlement, go figure. The cost of this thing is going to be……well…….staggering doesn’t quite do it……hmmm………crippling! That’s the word I’m looking for. Don’t fret about it though; it will most likely be the kids and grandkids that catch the economic smack down from this entitlement. We have Social Security to beat us about the head and neck, so it’s not like we won’t get ours. Though the explanation of where this cartoon came from was a little longer than I had first hoped and filled with a lot of sarcasm…..please don’t let that stop you from enjoying it. Have a great day.