Friday, March 26, 2010

Editorial Cartoon: Out to Pasture


This editorial cartoon came to me as a result of a couple of different things. I was listening to a radio program and the topic was “Draining the Political Swamp”. Basically the idea was to get rid of all incumbents and start fresh in the upcoming November elections. The thought process being that there are far to many in congress that have made it more about a political career and less about serving the people as originally intended. I personally see both upsides as well as significant risk in the idea. I do think that some balance of power exercise needs to happen in this upcoming election. No matter what side of the isle anyone leans toward, I don’t think any type of super majority is good in almost any situation but more specifically, between the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of our governmental system.

Anyway, back to the cartoon idea. The second thing that brought this editorial cartoon to light was listening to Nancy Pelosi talk about how she talked to kids including six week olds. I’m really not sure but I am fairly comfortable in saying that there are probably not a lot of six week olds out there that have the grasp of speech. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I’m not. There is always the possibility that she misspoke but that seems to be more and more common place these days. Not just from Nancy but a whole host of people. That coupled with the Radio program led me to this cartoon. Enjoy and have a great day.