Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Funny Birthday Cartoon: Birthday Creep



This funny birthday cartoon came as a result of a couple of things. One, as stated in my last birthday cartoon article, I had forgotten it was my birthday until the reminders from family and friends started which was great. Second, someone I had talked to that day had talked about their birthdays just creeping up on them lately. The term “creeping up” stuck in my head for some reason. It gives the impression that birthdays in a way are a haunting type of force or at least that’s how I took it at the time. I got to thinking about it a little and came up with a couple of cartoon ideas about birthday’s and them being some sort of ghost or haunting force in general but it didn’t seem to work well so I put them in the back of the sketch pile. The other day I was going through some of the sketch stuff and stumbled across those creepy birthday cartoon ideas and this funny cartoon idea just jumped in there so here it is. Enjoy and have a great day!