Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pelican Cartoon: Oily Beau Hunk


I was watching some of the gulf oil spill coverage and saw a Pelican sitting on the beach covered with some oil and had this character show up on my drawing board later in the week. His name is Roman. I can’t figure out why Roman is smiling giving a thumbs up but he is a pillar among those that know him. Other Pelicans that were interviewed say that he is an unwavering optimist with nothing but kind words to share and a generally jovial disposition about most of life’s challenges. Others we were able to talk to said that Roman was a troublesome soul and they often thought he suffered from some sort of post traumatic syndrome. One critic of Roman even went so far to say that he is a flat out nut case.

However Roman is portrayed, one thing is for certain…..none of it appears to affect him. He simply says “ I don’t care what people think of me…..I am who I am and if people can’t take a joke…..well…..as my daddy used to say they can kiss my feathered behind.”

Some good things have recently come Roman’s way….A product designer saw Roman while down in the gulf region prior to this disaster and asked him if he would like to do some modeling for different product ideas. Roman agreed and decided he would try to make the best of a horrible situation. Roman asked us to include links to those products in return for speaking to us and allowing us to print this totally fabricated story.

The links are below.


Cartoon Coffee Mug: Oily Beau Hunk


Anti-Obama Bumper Sticker: Obama-nation