Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Birthday Cartoon: CSI Piñata


I was working on different birthday card ideas and thinking of the different things that happen as a result of birthdays. There is the getting older thing that everyone is reminded of around birthdays and the parties that happen as a result. I started to think about the games that people play during birthday celebrations and started thinking about piñatas. I had the T.V. on while goofing around with words and sketching ideas and the show CSI came on, the original one, which is my favorite one. It occurred to me that the act of smacking a paper donkey, or whatever a piñata happens to be, is a little violent in nature. The word “violent” led to criminal act and that was it. If a criminal violent act had taken place you would have to have the CSI crew there to help figure out the why, when and how of the event. That is basically how this piñata birthday cartoon came to life. Enjoy and have a great day.


Birthday Card