Thursday, January 28, 2010

Old Guy Cartoon: Get back in the glass


I was trying to draw something completely different when this cartoon took shape on the page. This old guy just kind of showed up for the party and he was pointing at something….so I thought “Why not his teeth?” It just kind of took shape from there. “What could he say to his teeth?” “What would his teeth say to him?” I decided not to have his teeth talking back to him because that would be just plain……well crazy!
I then pictured him basically scolding his teeth kind of like a small dog like a Yorkie or maybe a Pug….you know…..”Get back in your cage doggy.” Anyway….I think you get the idea by now.

Oh…I almost forgot…..in case your curious….I was actually thinking about trying to draw some kind of troll type character to put on a coffee mug. Very odd that I ended up with this cartoon and will be using it for a birthday card.

Enjoy and have a great day.

Birthday Card