Thursday, December 31, 2009

Political Cartoons: New Year’s Resolutions


I did this one as a result of this being new years and the thought that everyone does the whole resolution thing. You know what I mean….”this year is the year I stop eating junk food”….”this year I’m going to stop smoking”….”this year I’m going to loose x amount of pounds and get healthy”. For those of you who have said these types of things and followed through…..I salute you, I have not found that fountain of willpower quite yet but I have not given up…..so yes I have made my list of things I would like to change this year and currently have every intention of taking actions to make them happen. I was wondering if those in Washington do some of the same things with their jobs. Like “this year I resolve to be less corrupt than last year”, I use “less” because lets face it….if someone decided to be completely uncorrupt they probably would not be re-elected or at a minimum not get anything done for the people they represent. That’s seems to be the way it is…..has been….and possibly will always be. The phrase, “Don’t hate the player…hate the game”, comes to mind. Anyway, the cartoon comes as a result of this line of thinking. Enjoy and have a safe and happy new year.