Thursday, June 25, 2009

Political Cartoon Humor, U.S.A. trying to sell debt


I had this cartoon idea at the same time I had one about treasuries that I did a couple of weeks ago. I was listening to some reports on who buys our debt. Big surprise, China was the largest investor in our debt. I think the percent of debt that it owned was in the 40 percentile range. It seems strange to me that many if not most things are made in China these days and they are basically loaning us money to buy there stuff. I was thinking how cool it would be if that worked on a smaller scale like when I go to a fast food joint and get up to the counter and order my mega super duper, heart stopping, gut busting meal and say “Look, I’m going to have to borrow some cash in order to pay for this. In fact, if you could lend me about half, we can go ahead and do this deal.” That would be so cool. That’s where my thought process was when I came up with this cartoon. Enjoy and have a great day.