Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Political Cartoon Humor, U.S. Treasury Notes

I thought of this cartoon as a result of listening to news reports over the past couple of weeks about inflation, the need to print money to pay for debt and even talk of hyper inflation. Then there was the report that stated that China was not interested in buying into the U.S. for the long term anymore. They apparently still purchase short term debt. It could be we are no longer an attractive investment or it could be some game to get better rates on the long term debt. Who knows? I also heard that apparently our Treasury Secretary…..you know the guy who had tax problems but runs the IRS…..yea that Treasury Secretary was in China giving a speech to some university students and received somewhat of a laughing ovation. I haven’t seen it for myself so I’m not sure if it is true or not, but I was just thinking, what if all that does happen and our Treasuries value goes down the toilet? What then? We will have a bunch of paper that is worth almost nothing in a world economy unless……in fly’s the idea for this funny cartoon. Enjoy and have a great day.

Humorzone Shopping