Friday, April 3, 2009

Political Cartoon Humor: Drunk with Power

I had the idea for this cartoon after a couple of things bumped tumbled and crashed around in my head for the past few months. I recall a congress person saying something to the effect of “nanny…..nanny….boo….booo” during the passing of President Obama’s stimulus package. A Democrat in congress said to the Republicans something like “we won so deal with it.” I just thought it was something you would hear at your kids tee ball game after one team had won. Anyway, that combined with what was in the bill and no one reading it before voting on it struck me as kind of funny in a way but also somewhat frightening too. I thought….”I wonder what it is like at a bar in Washington when they all get a few drinks in them….Do they take sarcastic shots at each other? I would have no way of knowing but this cartoon is what I thought that might look like. Enjoy and have a great day.