Thursday, February 26, 2009

Financial Cartoon Humor, Greed over Intelligence


I have been following some more of the Madoff Ponzi scheme coverage the last couple of days and it seems that there are some people who leveraged everything to get invested with him because of the returns he was appearing to give back. When I say everything, I mean everything. Some people apparently took mortgages on their homes to get invested with him and now partly because of the housing market dropping like it did but mostly because the whole investment fund was a scam, people that may have once been well to do are now destitute. I read this and wondered how it was that these people figured it was a good thing to put all their eggs in one basket. I hope they put this guy away for a long time for the damage that he has caused to people and in some instances charities but I can’t help think of the quote or phrase “A fool and his money are soon parted.” It was all of this that gave me the idea for this cartoon. Enjoy and everyone have a great day.